Q. When do I call an advocate?
A.  If you suspect that your child may have a disability
  • When you receive a diagnosis
  • If your child is not making progress
  • If you feel your child needs supports and the School District disagrees
  • If you are confused as to your rights and the IEP/504 process
  • When you do not feel part of the "Team"
  • When you are questioning the validity of what the School District is doing
  • When goals are not measurable 
  • If you suspect that the school district is not providing the services in your child's IEP/504
  • When you think your child may need a private, therapeutic, day or residential program
  • No matter where you are in the process, I can help
Q. What disabilities do you handle?
A. I have a wide range of knowledge with regard to special learning needs, their impact on education and effective interventions. 
As disabilities can vary widely from child to child even though they have the same diagnosis, I prefer to develop a child specific educational plan, rather than concentrate on a label. I do specialize in Autism/Asperger Disorders and PDD-NOS.
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
  • Emotional/Behavioral Challenges
  • Specific Learning Disabilities (LD)
  • Speech or Language Impairments
  • Developmental Disabilities & Delays
  • Non-Verbal Disabilities (NVLD)
  • Executive Functioning Disorders (EFD)
  • Dyslexia
  • Atttention Deficit Disorders (ADD & ADHD)
  • Mild Brain Injuries
Q. Who pays for the Advocate?
A. In most all cases, parents pay for their advocate.